Monday, 28 June 2010

Some things demand from me being written in English.

'Kay, this is NOT going to be a serious post... though it shall deal with some problems. I guess.

Inspired by... someone..., I dived into a new fandom, which included reading some slash fanfiction. Now, don't get me wrong -- I have absolutely nothing against it, and I do like those little indulgences every now and then, but I always feel a bit... confused, especially by those with "Mature" rating. Like: okay, the author says this and that is physically possible, but can I actually believe them? 'S not like I've ever done this myself, you know. I lack the necessary experience. Slash leaves me deeply troubled.

Especially when I get to the point, in which a shirt comes off, and its owner, a cute young man, says to the person who just stole the offending piece of garment from him: "This scar on my stomach? It's from a kidney transplant.

Now, could somebody PLEASE explain to me, WHAT did the surgeon cut through in other to get to the kidney from the FRONT?... I vote for the pancreas. Pancreases can be bad.

As can be fanfiction (not only slash, but, unfortunately, mostly) written by people who have no idea what they are writing about, and whose only care is to vent their own sexual frustration. Sigh.

15 comments:

Tenelilli said...

HA ha ha. I don't know whether it was the author's fault or the series writers' though. After all that kind of writing is often sloppy, and the kidney transplant is cannon.

Maybe they also plastered a big scar on the character in the front, so that EVERY viewer would know or something. Though it's a valid point you should make to the author dear:).

Klonowa Wróżka said...

Nah, I'm not even sure I could identify the author if I wanted to -- I'm currently in the process of desperately trying to delete the mental image from my brain ;/

..maybe I need brain surgery?? :PPP

Tenelilli said...

Under the circumstances, and the appropriate personnel required for this procedure... (and don't get me wrong now but) yes, I think you do :DDD

Klonowa Wróżka said...

Oh, oh, I've got a much better idea -- let me get Dr Oliver to come here and perform multiple surgeries on some Japanese who managed to piss me off at 8.30 a.m. ;/ I'll just sit by and watch him play... that is, work :P

Tenelilli said...

..while you drool? Count me in! :D
Also, on another note I thing a certain communication embargo that has been cast on you, has been recently drawn to me too. Ah well.

Bring on Dr. O.

Klonowa Wróżka said...

Allow me to sit down and brood over it. NOT.

*goes off looking for Dr O*

Tenelilli said...

*offers lasso and help*

What brooding? That's like for Noahs *spits last word in a disgusted fashion*

Klonowa Wróżka said...

Which is why I included the 'not' part in my statement :P

Guess I need a break from the world, again ;/

Wanna go see 'Traviata' outdoor performance this Sunday? Starts at 21.30.

Tenelilli said...

uh.. where?

sounds tempting though requires some seriously detailed scheduling on my part with election and all

Klonowa Wróżka said...

At the moat. Ya know, the big empty hole between the walls near the castle? ;)

Tenelilli said...

Castle? What castle.

I mean I know it is here, but I almost always manage to step over it.:>

I much prefer Castle, but I digress.

The whole thing does sound like a plan, but I need to have a 100% confirmation that you're going if I'm to cut my home stay short (not that I mind much given recent developments, but still)

Klonowa Wróżka said...

I most definitely am. Coming. Or going. Or whichever happens first :P

Point is, my boss goes on holiday next week, and seeing 'Traviata' on the eve of one's birthday really does sound like a plan. Nespa? ;)

Tenelilli said...

That it does. And I just have an idea for a b-day gift, my oh so subtle friend :P

Klonowa Wróżka said...

Hope your idea doesn't include the ticket for said performance, since (as we're not VIPs) we'll probably have to sit on a brick wall somewhere ;)

Tenelilli said...

well..you already know it doesn't :>>