Tymczasem: fragment z aktualnie pożeranej przeze mnie trzeciej części cyklu znanego jako Parasol Protectorate - Blameless:
(...)Professor Lyall sighed heavily. “He has been intoxicated these last three days.”
“Good gracious me! I wasn’t even aware of the fact that werewolves could become intoxicated.” The Frenchwoman’s scientific interest was piqued.
“It takes some considerable effort and real allocation of resources.”
“What was he drinking?”
“Formaldehyde, as it turns out. Just this morning I deduced his source. It is most wearisome. He worked his way through all of my reserves and then demolished half my specimen collection before I realized what he was up to. I keep a laboratory, you see, on Woolsey Castle grounds in a converted gamekeeper’s hut.”
“Are you saying that you actually are a legitimate professor?” Madame Lefoux tilted her head, her eyes narrowing in newfound respect.
“Not as such. Amateur ruminantologist, to be precise.”
“Oh.”
Professor Lyall looked modestly proud. “I am considered a bit of an expert on the procreative practices of Ovis orientalis aries.”
“Sheep?”
“Sheep.”
“Sheep!” Madame Lefoux’s voice came over suddenly high, as though she were suppressing an inclination to giggle.
“Yes, as in baaaa.” Professor Lyall frowned. Sheep were a serious business, and he failed to see the source of Madame Lefoux’s amusement.
“Let me understand this correctly. You are a werewolf with a keen interest in sheep breeding?...”
Gail Carriger, Blameless
6 comments:
Bosskie:))
Notki o cyklu ostatnio wpadały mi w oko na kilku anglojęzycznych blogach książkowych. Ciekawe, czy ktoś to wyda u nas.
Jeżeli wierzyć autorce, Prószyński zakupił prawa do trzech części - nie wiadomo tylko, KIEDY je opublikuje, i czy tłumaczenie nie zatrze takich i innych smaczków językowych ;)
POŻYCZ.................
Nie, nie, nie przypominaj, nie mogę teraz tego czytać, nie wolno mi. : ))
Meesa like ^^
Zabiore sie za pierwszy tom asap (czyli w weekend)
Post a Comment